As podcasters, we’re always looking for more ways to reach new listeners and potential subscribers. LinkedIn’s not just for finding a new job or connecting with other businesses, it’s a powerful place to promote your podcast.
Promoting your podcast on LinkedIn using videos created on Headliner should be a part of your podcast marketing plan, and here’s five reasons why:
- LinkedIn is quickly gaining momentum in the online marketing mix. According to LinkedIn, the website has 706 million members worldwide, and content shared across the platform was up nearly 50% year-over-year in June 2020.
- LinkedIn gives the user more time to listen to a preview your podcast. Compared to other social media platforms, LinkedIn accommodates longer videos. Currently you can upload videos up to 10 minutes long with a maximum file size of 5 GB.
- LinkedIn Video Autoplay + Captions = More Engagement
LinkedIn has supported native videos since 2017, which is also when they introduced autoplay. Autoplay, while muted by default, is eye catching. When using Headliner to create your videos, you can quickly and easily add captions to your content to allow your video to be effective even when there is no sound.
- LinkedIn’s audience is well educated, as is the average podcast listener. According to Music Oomp, it is 45% more likely for a podcast listener to have a college degree. Similarly, 50% of American’s with a college degree use LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn Leads in Social Media Conversion Rates. According to a Hubspot study of more than 5,000 businesses, LinkedIn generates the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rate at 2.74%, almost 3 times higher (277%) than both Twitter (.69%) and Facebook (.77%).